ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Mud/Sand

Re: Mud/Sand

Truman Prevatt (truman.prevatt@netsrq.com)
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 20:45:59 -0500

At 08:17 PM 12/7/97 -0800, you wrote:

>For those of you who have horses that can move out in the sand.....
>
>Would working in the mud have the same development to enable a horse to
>work in the sand?
>
>(We don't have any shortage of mud around here.)

Other than the mud sucking off shoes, mud conditioning would probably help
condition for sand. Just be sure to clean your horse off :-). Boy did I
get a shock today. The state forest I usually ride in is getting ready for
the "burning season". In FL they burn off the state and national forest
every year. The have been very busy cutting the fire breaks and we had
knee deep sand today. Added to that galloping around the corner to see a
raging fire and I am lucky to be alive. But it was - as always when you
ride a horse - fun.

Truman