ridecamp@endurance.net: FW: Receiving Order

FW: Receiving Order

Steph Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:28:05 -0800

Here's the scoop on the receiving order idiosyncracies:

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Moore [SMTP:bmoore@fsr.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 1997 3:10 PM
To: 'Steph Teeter'
Cc: John Teeter (E-mail); System Administrator alias (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Receiving Order

My first observation is that is an aol.com account.
My CAGS client had similar problems. She was
sure it was the listserver configuration until we noticed
that *all* the people with aol.com accounts were having
the same problem. When I parsed the log files I found
the messages all going out at the correct time and accepted
by their ISP's mail server (within seconds
of receipt of the original usually). We saw the actual mail
messages weren't delivered to their personal mail boxes
for sometime 24-48 hours later. That was an AOL problem.