ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: cleaning woolback pads

Re: cleaning woolback pads

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Mon, 01 Dec 1997 10:08:51 -0800

The Vervaet's wrote:

> VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
> I want to buy a woolback pad (especially NOW, since everybody likes theirs
> so much!). One question: How does everyone CLEAN theirs?

We "spot treat our woolback pads with "elbow grease" and plain water in
the matted areas. We then throw them into the washing machine without
soap and we use a double rinse. They are also washed every other ride
(or more often) so they aren't ever too grungy.

After they are washed, we throw them in the drier on delicate, low
heat. No problems, & they lasted for over 10 years! I absolutely love
them!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV