Re: issue #710

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:20:47 GMT

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:22:24 -0500 (EST), MBlanchrd@aol.com wrote:

>To the gentleman..and I use the term gingerly, who nuked me about his First
>Amendment rights and my having no right to infringe them...

No one has any ethical or constitutional right to spam. Unlike
passing out handbills or speaking from a soapbox, spamming uses the
property of others ... the mail servers, the data lines, and the PC's
of the targets. NO ONE has any right to use your PC against your will
to spew their garbage.

Responsible ISP's do not allow spam, and will immediately terminate
the account of anyone caught spamming.

I hope that no endurance rider is so low a person as to send spam ...
and that is probably not the case. It's more likely that the ridecamp
address has gotten on the spam mailing lists that are sold and traded
around the bottom-feeders of the Internet.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal