Re: Protein and assorted questions

Mike Sofen (miksof7@gte.net)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 05:33:22 -0800

Believe it or not, on the tube last night, during a break in this
Quarterhorse racing Challenge show, a top equine vet said that any crude
protein levels over 10% were wasted (or worse) for mature horses, and for
growing horses, 11-12% were max. And he appeared to be talking about all
(both racing and regular) horses. Comments from our nutrional whiz kids?

Mike Sofen
Seattle