ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: black vs white hooves

Re: black vs white hooves

Jessica Tuteur (jessicat@napanet.net)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:56:53 -0800

Another set:

8 horses

3 all black- no probs
1 all white- no probs
4 mixed - no probs (2 of the mixed herd did over 1000 miles this season with
no hoof probs.

I do not feed any biotin or other supplements.

Like it has been said before the hooves mirror the ground. My ground is rock
hard granite 99% of the time. So my horses all have rock hard feet. :-)

Jessica

At 08:10 AM 10/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
>No statistics or research studies here....just a horse barn with 4
>occupants. 3 have black hooves and 1 has white. They are all managed/used
>in the same way. The 3 with black hooves are all great and the white
>hooves are always a problem. Feeding biotin, hoof dressings, etc.
>Just the facts m'am.
>Paula

Jessica Tuteur
J-M Ranch & HorseBums