ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: from 25 to 50

Re: from 25 to 50

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:46:58 GMT

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:47:17 -0600 (CST), Samm C Bartee
<bartesc@mail.auburn.edu> wrote:

>Hey!! I had never done a 50 mile conditioning ride when I did my first
>50. My horse handled it great!! I have yet to ride 50 miles before doing
>a 50 miler on any horse. IF you have conditioned right, you
>shouldn't have any problems.
>Course, you need to ride smart!! Always.

Agreed. Although I recommend doing a couple of 25 mile rides before
taking a new horse on a 50, IMO there is no reason to ever ride more
than 15 to 20 miles in conditioning for 50 mile rides. I never did.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal