ridecamp@endurance.net: re: emough is enough

re: emough is enough

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:57:25 -0800

rd@aol.com wrote:
> If I
> want pornography, I know where to get it. Surely SOMEHOW someone who is
> editing this thing..

Look to the archives for this very discussion. This is not a moderated
list that screens every post, nor could it be. Steph puts this list &
the endurance page up as a volunteer item out of her & her husbands busy
net company. Unfortunately, unsolicited email is so very common now.
The DELETE key is WONDERFUL! Since you're on Digest, consider going to
the plain list so that you can delete offensive posts.

> This is read by kids, for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monitor what your kids read if they're young.

> Junk mail is bad enough........PORN ON RIDECAMP IS
> INEXCUSEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is prevalent everywhere on the net - sorry state of affairs, I
agree. Again, DELETE is a wonderful option. As I delete anything that
looks as though it is junk in the first line or two, I don't even
remember the message that you're referring to! If the plain list &
delete key don't work for you, you also have the option not to read
anything anywhere on the net & avoid ALL of the porn out there.
Unfortunately, you will miss a great deal of good information this way,
too.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV