ridecamp@endurance.net: Strongid-c/bentonite (clay)

Strongid-c/bentonite (clay)

SSY (polstar@hutchtel.net)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:24:02 -0500

Hi Strongid-c thread

When I began using (Std-c) I noticed there was a manufactures note (If you
were using feed products containing bentonite, there was a question as to
the effect of the daily wormer.) Because I use a pelleted grain (MOST
pelleted feed products contain bentonite.) I asked my vet to check if my
product would inter fear with the wormers effect. The answer was no.

If I were using a pelleted feed (grain type) and a pelleted alfalfa and/or
supliments, I would check to see if there is bentonite used in the process
and how much, then run this quantity past the manufacture of Std-c, direct
or have your vet find out. In our area even soy meal has 10% bentonite
ground into it to make it flow.

I do not know the amount of bentonite (clay) that will interfear with this
product.

For my own information, does any one know off hand.......?

Thanks Sigrid

>PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO GUEST@ENDURANCE.NET!!!
>You must post replies to the actual sender listed below.
>
>From: Barb Peck
>Email: bpeck@us.ibm.com
>
>OOOh boy. I just went back & read the daily vs paste wormer posts (March
>'97) and hope I didn't open a can of worms (parden the pun). I should
>add, that about 50% of my vets clients use the daily wormer (2x
>Strongid-C). But I know another vet in the next County that has zero
>clients using daily. I should mention that I made my *final* choice to
>switch to daily after talking with a parasitologist.
>Barb

The Space Cadet