ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: A question for the men...

Re: A question for the men...

Mike Sofen (miksof7@gte.net)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:23:24 -0700

I'm kind of shocked, actually, that in the wild escapades and things I've
done on horseback that my "equipment" (I'm assuming you're not refering to
his 39-In-1 pliers thingy) has never been squashed.
Now, I haven't used a Sports Saddle, so I can't comment on that. I've used
numerous western saddles, and a BigHorn, all worked fine, although some
were much more comfortable. And there have been some close calls, but
nothing I'd call "squashed". He might try a good old jock strap for
support and protection, there are some newer, more comfortable designs at
the better athletic supplies.

I'm awaiting delivery of a new Synergist saddle from John DiPietro. This
will be interesting as his design has a bit more space in front than normal
ones and may be appropriate for someone prone to "squashing". :-)

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA

----------
From: Sally Miller <sallydm@rmci.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: A question for the men...
Date: Thursday, October 16, 1997 2:26 PM

I need help from the men at ridecamp...

My husband complains when we go riding that his "equipment" gets squashed.
I can't help him with his problem, for obvious reasons. I was hoping that
a few of you that have a mile or two under your belts could share your
secrets.

I have purchased him riding underwear, joc things, bicycle shorts, tights,
etc.

He is riding in a Sports Saddle now, and complains about the center seam
and the hump in the front of the pommel gives him some discomfort, as well.
The next time we go riding I am going to have him try my OF Express Lite
to see if changing the saddle style will help.

Thankgoodness he doesn't have e-mail so he won't know that I posted this to
the world...

Thank you,

Sally