ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: health certificate?

Re: health certificate?

Jerry & Susan Milam (jdmilam@fwb.gulf.net)
Thu, 09 Oct 1997 05:27:46 -0700

Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:

> Another newbie question -- while reading spring ride descriptions, I
> found this:
>
> "Remember - Health certificate
> within 6 months required to enter FL. "

Glenda,

Any state I go to for a ride outside Florida requires a current HC. That
means within 30 days of the ride. When I go to Witchdance next week, I
have a HC for Houston, MS. When I go to GA next month I need another HC
for Hahira GA. The HCs are city specific and are only good for 30-60
days. All the states around us require them if you ever get stopped.

I figure the time I don't get one is when I will be stopped.

Especially for the rides in central Florida, you must stop at a truck
weigh station on I-10 30 minutes east of Tallahassee to show HC and
current coggins. If you don't have it, they will impound your horse and
trailer. They are dead serious about it.

Susan & Sabian