ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Malibu - Error in winning time?

Re: Malibu - Error in winning time?

suzy kelley (suzyk@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 16:00:19 -0700

K S Swigart wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 1997 KimFue@aol.com wrote:
>
> > For those of you that have not had the pleasure of riding up "Bulldog"
> > and "Mesa" fire roads in the same race I can assure you that a finishing time
> > 4:15 would be near impossible as we don't see those finishing times at even
> > some of the flat dessert rides in the SW region. It is always good to double
> > check facts that do not seem correct before making comment.
>
> Actually, I did do what I thought was double checking the facts (by
> looking up the published ride statistics for both years). If this leads
> to the Malibu ride being republished because the original report was in
> error so much the better (as far as I am concerned).
>
> I am planning on Sunland, but, as always, of course it depends upon the
> horse.
>
> I don't have any plans to go to the THanksgiving Nevada ride.
>
> I'll let you know if Damerron Valley is as good as I hope it will
> be...appropriate travel documents permitting.
>
> kat

In case you do not know, Dameron Valley ride is difficult and not marked
that well. Last year it was verrrrry cold and the chill factor was also
verrrrrry cold!

You said you were going to Sunland depending on the horse. Does this
mean you only have the one horse to race?

You made a comment on top riders not coming back with the same horses.
What horses are you refering to????

I happen to be a top 10 rider and I ride and race the ones I breed and
raise. I don't use the option to go out and buy a new horse though I
would like to to see what I can do with it.

Needless to say the young ones do reach the age for racing and the older
ones get to rest while putting the youger ones in the field.

I have young ones about every other year from my foundation mare that is
25. (She will be bred next year again.)

I am now working on two 5 year olds I have bred and rised. A son and
granddaughter of my foundation mare. There are 4 more young ones aging
from 4 months to 3 years. Their time will come also.

I am really interested in knowing what horses are not anymore in the
field.

SK