ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: AERC horses

Re: AERC horses

Larry Suddjian (wstf@foothill.net)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:25:37 -0700

Bob & MaryAnne Bobrow wrote:

> Louise,
>
> MaryAnne from AERC here. If your horse(s) are registered with AERC
> presently, there is no need to re-register it/them and there are no fees
> involved. The horse registration fee applies only to new horses
> registered on and after December 1.
>
> I hope this addresses your concern. If not, give me a call or e-mail me
> at aerc@foothill.net and I'll be happy to provide further clarification.
>
> Happy Sunday!
>
> MaryAnne Bobrow
> Executive Director, AERC

MaryAnne ~

I hope you (AERC) are not going to impose another "registration checking"
for ride managers. It is tough enough to keep the current members straight
because of the items that fall through the cracks. We start taking
applications on October 1 for a Ride that happens in August 8 of 1998. This
year (1997) we had 30+/- persons that were non-members and half of them
indicated on their entry that they were current members (if you can't trust
endurance riders, who can you trust?). An attempt is being made to collect
the $10 non-member fee for the persons that dropped out. In the interest of
good PR and to help the check-in line going smoothly (usually have 250
anxious riders ready to pick up their package!), we have not asked to see
the current membership card. We will help you keep track of riders, but
keeping track of horses is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I hope your new system works and you don't get too much resistance from the
people that pay the fees .. the ride managers.

Sincerely,

Larry Suddjian, Ride Director
WESTERN STATES TRAIL RIDE