ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: AERC #

Re: AERC #

Terry Woolley Howe (cancer@inetworld.net)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:05:31 -0700

SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> I just can't emphasize enought to the AERC office how astounding it is that
> no one there considers the offensive felings at this kind of action - adding
> fees without general information dispensed, opinions requested and
> ultimately, a popular and informed vote. This is just not right. Is this a
> small scale IRS?? It FEELS that way. This may be quite a bargain - I don't
> know - you have given us no information.
> sandy

Sandy,

I too feel the frustration of escalating costs, and frequently it is
the principle of feeling like things are out of control. From a
practical point of view, I can't imagine that everything that comes up
before the board is going to be put on hold before they vote on it so
the directors can get a concensus of their region. I guess we hope that
the directors given all the information will make the best decision for
the membership.

Trying to get a consensus reminds me of the joke: What is the
definition of a camel? A horse designed by a committee!

Terry

P.S. At the awards for the Manzanita Ride I had difficulty reading my
son's writing (who computed the DBAT score for the 25 Best Condition).
It seems that your horse won Top Five. Your award will be forthcoming.
Congratuations.