ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ROC

Re: ROC

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 20:36:17 -0700

Truman Prevatt wrote:

> The coverage of the ROC was fine as far as it went. I do believe that all
> finishers should have been listed, not just the first 20.
>
> Does anyone know about the rdiers from FL? They were:
>
> Carlos Crespo, Mary Ellen Shoemaker, Jean Wonser and Dee Meyer.

The end of the ROC was mass confusion for the finishing places. Susan
Gibson wanted to use a computer to total everything, but there were more
than a few errors with it(computer set up and data entry errors). Bev &
Mike (timing) finally tallied everything by hand at the finish line and
laboriously checked their results with the office's numbers via
headsets. The top 20 may be all that were immediately available for the
net. The first 23 riders came in rather early, followed by a gap, then
the remainder.

As to the FL riders - do you have their numbers for the first or second
day? Mike may remember them. We were too burned out to write it all
down!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV