ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: AERC Horse Reg Fees

RE: AERC Horse Reg Fees

Lynn Golemon (lynng@access.mountain.net)
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:08:32 -0400

To AERC members:

Please understand that the new horse registration fee is only one time =
per the the registration of each new endurance horse. AERC for that =
$10 fee will keep the records on that horse forever. =20

Many people are now training and selling endurance horses for a profit. =
I have been in the office when one member called to register five =
horses in one day. We, the AERC board, would simply like to pass on to =
those horse sellers the costs of our keeping the records on those =
horses.

You will not be charged for any horse you have registered with AERC as =
of December 1, 1997. Also, after that please remember that it is a one =
time fee per horse, not an annual fee. If you have the same one, two or =
three horses that you ride year after year, you will not pay this fee. =
You will only pay it one time when you purchase and begin competing a =
new horse.

If you still have questions or are unhappy about this, I would very =
much like to hear from you. Please also remember, that AERC is still =
trying to get back on its feet after a few very bad financial years. =
Even though we now are making a profit, we still have enormous computer =
software and hardware expense which we are paying off. Due to =
electrical problems, we are forced to move the office and this will be =
another huge expense. =20

We really appreciate your support and I welcome your comments on any of =
this. I know that MaryAnne Bobrow, our new executive director, will =
also welcome hearing from you.

Lynn Golemon
Treasurer, AERC