ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: What happened at Malibu?

Re: What happened at Malibu?

ccarlton@library.ucla.edu
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:01:19 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 09:19:20 -0700 Cathy Pritchett wrote:

> So folks, do you prefer those 50 milers that get you in before lunch
> or do
> you like a bit of a thinking ride, one that requires strategy, but takes a
> bit longer?
>
> Cathy in Southern Oregon

I have only done four 50mile rides, including the Malibu 50 in 1996. I
like a challenging ride, as much for the difficulty that I struggle
through as rider. I was fortunate to start and complete three moderate
50s before doing Malibu. These earlier rides definitely helped
to prepare us for Malibu.

Malibu was very tough for me and for my horse. But I'd do it every
year if I can. Lack of quality training time in 97 is the only reason
we weren't there this year.

I'd be interested to know how they made the rider easier this year, if
in fact they did.

Colleen Carlton
Los Angeles
ccarlton@library.ucla.edu