ridecamp@endurance.net: Don't think I said that?/WOW

Don't think I said that?/WOW

SSY (polstar@hutchtel.net)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 22:23:00 -0500

>At 10:55 AM 9/24/97 -0500, SSY wrote:
>
>>My horse and I are still determining what our short comings are, how to
>>make them less significant, and where are strengths can be doubled or more
>>using our brains. At the top of the list: Soundness for the both of us.
>>
>>This is a great list. Found my self deleting mail with weight as the
>>subject, had to say something. It was causing me to get a warped view of
>>endurance riding and riders.
Dear Tina

Have a feeling you have me mixed up with some one else. Made a point to re
reading the e-mail sent to the list. I was sure the words: "Lets not
discuss it", "Doesn't apply","Racers", "Seemingly trivial" or "Boring",
were not included in MY e-mail message.

Sigrid
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But what I will say is " WOW" To Kat from Orange Co. Who ever you
are....thank you for a fresh thought on weight today. It answered a
question and created many more about shifting my weight while riding
yesterday. The out come of that shift was, Mr. Bob lost his footing in his
back end. This has never happened to me before.

The attitude in my mind at the time was: This cantering feels so nice,
think I'll sit back and enjoy. Well, sat back like you would if riding a
motercycle leaning into the curve on a wide figure 8. Repeated the same
body shift and it happened again. Will you or some on the list try to
explain to me the mechanics of why this happens.

Think some one called them selves a newbe (great term) Count me in on that
one. There are so many questions when you are a newbe. Some of them will
have obvious answers, or may have been hashed and rehashed. At this point
every thing is new to me and exciting. E-mail me directly if it is old
stuff..........

P.S. Thanks for the general information on the different classes etc.

Sigrid

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>doesn't apply to me so let's not discuss it" - it may not apply to you now
>at whatever level of riding/not riding you are at now but that doesn't mean
>it won't apply to you/others at a later time.
>
>I don't mean just the weight discussion - I mean in general.
>
>At one point last year, I think, there was a huge discussion on what the
>goal of endurance riding/racing is, whether it should be called racing at
>all, etc etc etc ....The discussion got really esoteric and to me boring as
>you know what at the time b/c I thought the same as you - I am in this to
>complete, have a good time, end up with a sound, fit horse - this doesn't
>apply to me - delete, delete, delete.
>
>Then I placed 4th and came in BC two weeks later at a ride - what I call at
>work a "happy accident" :-)
>
>All of a sudden I was one of the "racers" they were talking about and I
>could see where both sides were coming from. Riding fast was a helluva lo
>
>My point? Discussions - whether you agree or don't agree, whether they apply
>or not to you are good for all of us (I won't get into the issue of keeping
>it mature in a public forum <g>) - who knows, one day these discussions
>about seemingly trivial matters may apply directly to you.
>
>Tina - always up for a good discussion
>hickst@nichols.com

The Space Cadet