ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: weight discussion

Re: weight discussion

Mike Sofen (miksof7@gte.net)
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:09:28 -0700

Now I get it. The whole point of your handicapping system is to raise the
value of a given horse so that the owner/rider can sell it for more money.
While there are a few folks out there actually attempting to make money off
of this "sport", I'd wager that the large majority are horse/rider TEAMS
and the thought of selling their horse(s) being distasteful and repulsive
to the extreme.

I don't mind going after monetary awards, but I sure as heck aren't doing
it just so I can sell my horse!

Mike Sofen and Nick (A FW Horse carrying a HW Rider)
Seattle, WA

----------
From: carl meyer <carlmey@citrus.infi.net>
To: Eric & Gail Hought <hought@humboldt1.com>
Cc: ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Subject: Re: weight discussion
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 1997 9:01 AM

> > You described the course but didn't give the weight of the winner and
> > top ten.
> I think the winner was the heavy weight. He was the only man in the top
4.
> The next 3 places were the other weight divisions and were women. I
know
> 2nd was a LW, and also received BC.
>
> > Where is the REER Redwood Ride?
> The REER redwood ride is usually held in the Redwood National Park. This
> time because of weather damage to the trail, it was held on the property
of
> one the logging companys.

Gail,
Under my proposed changes, if this ride were a Class A ride the winner
being a HW would be a probable Stakes horse(CLASS I) if the other four
finishers were winners of a Class A race. Now this means this horse
would be eligible for stakes money, elevated points, and the horse's
value goes up.
Carl