ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: white hairs

Re: white hairs

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:15:06 -0700

susan wrote:
> Linda wrote:
> >I suspect that you sit more on
> >the right hip which pulls the saddle across the back & down onto the
> >left side.

> This is my problem also, and I know for sure I do this, because I'm always
> adjusting the saddle. From a riding
> stand point what do you do to correct a bad habit

Being aware of the problem is a good start! You can't correct what
isn't there in your mind. When one rides incorrectly, it begins to feel
"right" You need to be willing to "upset the apple cart", so to speak,
and restructure your position.

What I did:
1) Be aware of how I sat in a chair - was I even? (No, I always
weighted my left hip more than the right!)
2) I stretched my legs before mounting & improved my flexibility in my
hips. My hips were actually quite tight.
3) I had a friend lounge me while I found the balanced position and
learned what it felt like.
4) I continued #3 until it felt like the RIGHT way to sit.
5) As I ride, I periodically, consciously check to see if I'm even.

I hope that this helps.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV