ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: High Shoulder

Re: High Shoulder

Brent Seufert (Brent.Seufert@pipe.nova.ca)
Thu, 04 Sep 1997 09:59:43 -0600

Peaches...

There is a great book out there called:

PBM Diary of Lameness by Gonzalez
ISBN: 999274443X

This Farrier takes a holistic view of the horse for Balanced Movement (BM of
PBM) and shoeing. It goes into great depth on the corrective shoeing of
horses that have either physical problems or developmental problems that
have led to uneven development in the horse eg, uneven shoulders.

It has tons of pictures showing some amazing examples of horses with
significant asymetrical size problems.

He does not claim that corrective shoeing will fix all such problems, but
that shoeing is significant in many more problems then is currently accepted.

Brent Seufert
Calgary Alberta