ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Barrier Boots

Re: Barrier Boots

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:40:03 -0700

AFA@co.clark.nv.us wrote:
... I saw a new product in the latest Stateline
> English Coupon Sale flyer called Barrier Boots by Davis.
> They don't have an adjustable clamp on the front and it
> looks like they are pull on with a Velcro closure. I don't know anything
> about this design but it seems like they would be difficult to put on
and easy to fall off.

> Anyone know anything about these boots?

My understanding is that these are meant to be medicating boots to hold
a bandage, poltice, or antibiotic against the foot. They are for calm
horse who are on enforced "couch potato" rest. I can't imagine that
they would stay on if the horse was asked to work.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV