ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Bob Morris;best condition discussion

Re: Bob Morris;best condition discussion

Lauren Horn (fourhorn@fea.net)
Mon, 08 Sep 1997 17:42:28 -0700

Patty A Lambert wrote:
What about the weight of the horse himself?
> I've always thought that should be taken into consideration, as so many
> people recognize that a "big" horse has a disadvantage.

Well actually I think that is going a little too far. That type of
disadvantage would be hard to measure. A bigger horse does have more red
blood cells, larger lungs, more muscle etc... I think the weight the
horse has to carry is enough of a handicap now. Come to think of it,
don't the South Africans use handicaps in their racing? What is it based
on?

Lauren