ridecamp@endurance.net: reply to Manners/ridecamp-d Digest V97 #588

reply to Manners/ridecamp-d Digest V97 #588

Terry C (tc_ltd@primenet.com)
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 00:13:08 +0100

>Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 14:08:11 -0700
>From: Cob Web <suzyk@ix.netcom.com>
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Manners
>DO DRIVE THE WAY YOU RIDE??? ...

Aside from gripeing about the way this message is written (like you can't=
get over capitals?? puleese!) What do you think of the content of the messa=
ge???
Do you think about being considerate during a race? Especially when you are=
trying to run with the front runners it may be so exciting that one doesn't=
think about more than keeping up and maybe beating the best...or maybe=
trail manners during a race need to be discussed so we all agree on what=
they are? I know better than to run someone off the road, but didn't know=
we were suppossed to take turns with gates...my riding partner always makes=
ME get off, from now on I'll make her do some of the work. Of course, she=
does lend me her horses, so she probably thinks that gives her an excuse!!!
I have to confess I sometimes get so enthralled with the view and the joy of=
being on a horse I forget to watch where I am going and wander on both=
sides of the trail, according to the footing..that is okay when I'm alone=
but probably pretty annoying to a group.
Unfortunately, I can't really blame my tendency to wander about on riding,=
since I tend to do the same thing when I'm on foot. Just ask my sister, who=
once watched me walk into a mirror in a store because I became so absorbed=
in looking at with something!
Oh well, on trail I will just have to grow up and learn better manners, I g=
uess.
What do the rest of you think of the issue???

Terry and Miko (watch your step, she's dreaming again!)