ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: best condition

Re: best condition

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Sat, 06 Sep 1997 23:36:52 GMT

On Sat, 06 Sep 1997 15:09:16 -0700, louie@mr_gateway.gomontana.com
(louie) wrote:

> At a recent ride, the top horses were all very tired at the finish (a
>couple dangerously so). The final top ten horses had been ridden =
sensibly
>and within their limits, but the time differential was so much that even
>though the vets commended those riders for riding within the limits of
>their horses, the terrain and the heat, they didn't even show for best
>condition. One of the vets, new to the endurance world, went away pretty
>disgusted with the sport. "I'm not impressed," he was heard to say.=20

I appears that new vet should have read the material he gets from AERC
more carefully. It clearly states that any horse may be disqualified
from consideration from Best Condition (without affecting completion
or placing) if, *in the opinion of the vet,* the horse's condition is
such that he is not deserving of the award. The horse does not have
to be lame to be eliminated under this rule.

--=20

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net
Business Page http://www.mti.net