ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Biothane for harness racing

Re: Biothane for harness racing

Barbara Madill (madill@teleplex.net)
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:45:23 -0400 (EDT)

At 08:08 AM 9/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>What is the material of the Zilco harness?
>
>Liz

I spoke to the local dealer who said that Zilco is not biothane. Her
literature from the manufacturer describes it as High tech material, PN
fabric (poly nitrol) with a polyester core.

One of the dealer's customers says that her Zilco harness stays supple even
when it's 10o outside..

Also available are riding bridles that come with Sure Grip reins (rubberized
grip area). Color choice is basic -- comes black on black or on black on
white (ie. dressage model)

Manufacturer is currently designing a pack saddle.

Of interest to endurance riders might be the crupper portion.

Call Country Carriages (704-863-4373) for more information in the USA.

If any riders interested in this material are coming to Biltmore AERC ride,
I'll have a couple of the bridles with me.

Barbara