ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #582

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #582

Karen Allnutt (allnutt@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:02:44 -0500

According to the German saddlemaker Stubben, ONE, not the ONLY reason a lot
of horses get sore backs is we ride in saddles that are too small for out
derriere's. So if I had a choice, I would go for the larger saddle.
Without seeing how they fit your horse I don't know if they will help. I
use english type saddles because they are lighter than most western type
saddles and figure that the weight adds to what the horse has to carry.

KcA & Rose (yippe fall is coming the bugs are dying)