ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Pollard/Bran-Feed Value?

Re: Pollard/Bran-Feed Value?

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:01:11 -0700

Perhaps you can translate from Aussie to American. What is Pollard? My
dictionary defines it as a tree cut back to the trunk or an animal having
no horns. Neither sound like great horse food - canabalism is not a
favorite diet of horses. Bran is high in P, high in Mg and if from rice is
high in fat.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net

----------
> From: McClements Darryl <dmcclement@infotech.agric.wa.gov.au>
> To: endurance list <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Pollard/Bran-Feed Value?
> Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 9:21 AM
>
> Hi All,
> Can anyone tell me the value of feeding a mill-mix of Pollard and Bran?
My
> friend has a horse (TB) that is hard to fatten and finds this very good.
She
> gives only 2 cups in the feed!! I wonder how healthy this would be to
feed to
> my P/Arab mare, who needs lots and lots of feed to keep her condition
while
> in the Endurance season, especially after a hard ride. I don't have the
> amounts here, but she gets Wheaten chaff, Lucerne chaff, soaked lupins,
> soaked barley, Coprice (hi protein rice feed), Pony cubes, Canola Oil,
Bran,
> Oats and Muesli mix of sunflower seeds, cracked corn, mollasses, oats and

> chaffy stuff! Plus oaten hay daily. Any suggestions? (We are in
Australia,