ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Urgent Virus Alert!

Re: Urgent Virus Alert!

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Thu, 04 Sep 1997 03:21:29 GMT

On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 22:36:58 -0400, Jan Smith <jansmith@teleplex.net>
wrote:

>You may have already heard about this, but it's one of those things I'd
>rather be warned about several times, than not at all.

Sorry, Jan, you've been the victim of a hoax. These warnings are
bogus, and have been circulating around the Internet for some time.

These "warnings" are like a virus themselves, in a way. No matter how
often they're exposed, they (the warnings) continue to find new
"victims" to spread them, and never seem to completely die out.

--=20

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net
Business Page http://www.mti.net