ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: horse in trailers

Re: horse in trailers

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 22:26:25 -0700

I got into this discussion of e-l. I am unconvinced that a horse can tip
over a trailer from inside. While a people could quote instances of horses
dragging a trailer while tied, I have not heard of an instance of tipping
from the inside. Actually, even hitched the ball would allow the trailer to
be tipped a substantial distance before it would catch - enough so that the
wheels on one side would be substantially off the ground. If this were to
happen while driving the results would be more serious than if a horse
tipped a standing trailer over.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net