ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Weird stirrups

Re: Weird stirrups

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 22:35:23 -0700

Ann Marie Olson wrote:

> I ran across the strangest stirrups recently on an older used Orthoflex
> that I saw for sale. (a little bit like an up side down question mark)
> They were open on the
> outside, and so looked like they would release the foot easily in a fall,
> If anyone out there knows who
> makes these, or has had any experience with them I would love to know
> more about them, they looked rather comfortable.

These are made by & available through Orthoflex when I ordered my
saddles from them a few eyars ago. Call OF, or access them through
their link on the endurance page. I haven't tried them, so can't speak
to how well they do. I used my favorite old stirrups (original Trail
Techs) when I bought the saddle, so didn't order them.

Linda Flemmer
Blue WOlf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV