ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Twin Oaks Ride Results (Long)

Re: Twin Oaks Ride Results (Long)

Rob & Kathy Dobrowsky (arikaras@iafrica.com)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:42:42 +0200

Hi Sandy,
I was just reading through you'r message and wonderd if you dont have ride
handicaps in America. Here in south Africa each ride has a handicap, the
higher the handicap, the tougher the ride. 0 handicap courses should be
ridden at 23 Kmh average speed. A 8 handicap course should be ridden at 15
Kmh. Each year as the results are anaylised so the handicap changes, untill
it will remain fairly constant, after a few seasons. This gives a fairly
accurate indication of all the rides. Sorry about the Kmh, i dont know what
that would be in mph.
This also helps with team selection, as it is quite easy to see which
horses are peforming, even when the horses might not be competeng at the
same ride.
Regards,
Rob & Kathy.