ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: horse in trailers

Re: horse in trailers

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:43:34 -0700

David Sonnenberg wrote:

> Is it safe to put a horse in an unhitched trailer? I was offered
> accomadtions at a ride, by a friend. He said I could leave my horse in his
> spare 4 horse stock, which is not hitched to anything, overnight.

Boy, there is no way I would do this! A hitch trailer, sure.....but
never unhitched.

Horses are incredibly strong..I have seen horses tied to an unhitched
trailer drag them 20 feet before the rope or halter finally breaks.

I would imagine if a horse panicked in an unhitched trailer, it
wouldn't be too difficult for him to tip it over...

I'm curious to see what everyone else has to say.....

tracy