ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Ortho-Flex saddle help

Re: Ortho-Flex saddle help

Jan Smith (jansmith@teleplex.net)
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

At ,Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:04:20 -0600 you wrote:

>From: harpy@io.com (Tara Wheeler)
>To: ridecamp-d@endurance.net
>Subject: Ortho-Flex saddle help
>
>Hi all!
>
>I'm trying out an Ortho-Flex Patriot Officer's model this weekend.
>
>It's got these removable fake fleece bootie-things that cover the
>underbelly of the saddle (which seems to be padded with neoprene).
>
>Do I need to use another pad with this or just wash the booties occasionaly?
>
>Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!
>
> Harpy -aka Tara Wheeler

Hi Tara,
I've had an O-F Endurance Cutback for many years and I generally
just use the booties and wash as needed. That's how it's designed to be
used. Occationally on multi day rides where the booties are still wet in
the morning I have been known to leave them back in camp to dry out and slip
another pad under the saddle. But be careful when substituting, be sure not
to allow the replacement pad to pull too tight across the spine as can
easily happen with the flex tree on the OF. I pull the pad slightly up into
the gullet before saddleing. This usually adjusts itself a bit while still
leaving reasonable air flow, and also helps keep the pad from going south
while you travel down the trail, a problem I've gotten out of the habit of
thinking about since the booties can't leave the scene. Another advantage
of using the booties is when we need to unsaddle at vet checks, Much easier
to remove and replace saddle since it goes as one unit.
Anyhow, obviously, I'm sold and happy with the system. Good luck
with yours.

Jan & Ro