ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Premarin

Re: Premarin

Reynolds, Nikki (jakar@aiinc.com)
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 10:15:11 -0700

Susan Evans Garlinghouse wrote:

> How is this any different from the millions of dairy cows in this
> country?
It isn't. I agree with you. Some animals are chosen for our
companions and some aren't. It's the same for every species in that
respect. In fact, I've had chickens I've named and treated as pets and
others that became dinner. It's the luck of the draw I guess.

(And don't anyone try telling me how wonderfully dairy cows
> are treated---my BS was in Animal Science, so I been there, done that).
Oooohhhh, no kidding! We live in dairy country here and I see my
friends picking up the calves with the rotted-off leg stumps to fatten a
little in straw bedded pens until they get too uncomfortable. It's a
common problem when you've got them standing in manure most of the time.

> Just food for thought, but no flames. Just thought I would point out
> that human perception of what constitues abuse sometimes changes based
> on species, eh?
AND... who holds the pursestrings!
~Nikki