ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Mustad dura - trac nails

Re: Mustad dura - trac nails

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud (ramey@wvi.com)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:22:07 -0700

I use them sometimes to extend the wear bar on aluminum shoes. Just in
the first hole to the outside where most horses break over.

We have also used them on steel shoes for multiday rides but now just
nail on new metal mid-week if need be. Didn't like the high spots as
the shoes wore down. They worked rearward to the foot slide and I had
to tighten them at the end of every day. Too much work for the wear
savings.

They really tear-up your nailin' hammer so don't use your best one.

Ramey