ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: eboot saga (kinda long - story sorta)

Re: eboot saga (kinda long - story sorta)

Gary Fend (garyfend@pacbell.net)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:45:33 -0700

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull wrote:

> > ....set the foot down on top of the
> > towel (so no dirt gets onto the wrapped foot...)
>
> ha ha HA
>
> How big's the towel? Bed sheet sized?
>
> [Lucy tries to envision our newly acquired endurance horse,
> Provo, standing politely for the fitting of the easyboots...
> and fails dismally. "Whaddya doin' Mum? Wha'? Let me go
> and look at that over there...!"]

The first thing I learned about using easyfoam that they didn't mention
in the instructions was DON'T USE IT ANYWHERE NEAR DIRT. Find a
driveway, road, freeway or even a horse trailer.

The stuff stays sticky for an hour (longer if its old). If you can keep
your horse standing on a towel for as long as it takes to get hard, OK.
Othewise, any dirt that gets on the foam turns the boot into a sanding
block.

Gary