ridecamp@endurance.net: remove

remove

randy walsh (rdwalsh@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:17:25 -0700

> [...]
greens,
> and peppermints. Although I wouldn't suggest it on a regular basis,
one
> guy likes cabbage leaves.
>
> kathleen
>

> Larry Stewart & Kathleen Weickhardt
> Sunnyland Racing Arabians - Racing and breeding stock
> lstew@pipeline.com
> Visit our Web Page at http://www.nashville.net/~troppo/sunyland.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:02:56 -0600
> From: "Marcus R. Hoff" <mrhoff@SNAKE.srv.net>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: HOT PORTABLE CORRAL
>
> Portable panels with a "BITE"! You asked for it - we've got it! The
> finest portable corral system PLUS hot wire attachment for those of you
> who have horses that don't respect panels. Ride camp has had a lot of
> talk on portable corrals lately. Some people want the security of steel
> panels but are afraid their horses won't respect them. So for "pushy"
> horses, here's the solution. I have designed an insulator that will
> hold a wire one inch inside the top rail of Horse-N-Around corral system
> panels. Your can use your own fencer and fiber wire or plain electric
> wire. If you think this option is necessary to teach your horse to
> respect a fence, it is now available as an option with Horse-N-Around
> systems. We have not heard of any of our clients having problems with
> moving our system (in part due to the "pointed foot"). Nor can a panel
> be detached by a horse while eating the "greener grass" on the outside
> due to the interlocking hinge system. But there is always that
> exceptional animal who will try anything once....! A good many people
> may not have seen our page on the Internet - so check us out for the
> best possible portable corral system.
> http://www.endurance.net/horsenaround
> M.R. Hoff
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:16:10 -0700
> From: Becky Hackworth <bechack@flash.net>
> To: "Sally Aungier"<aungish@unos.org>
> Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: What make's an ideal horse camp?
>
> Since I drive a fairly long rig, pull through sites are a blessing. I
can
> back up with the best of them, but if I don't have to, great.
>
> Space between campsites.
>
> Hookups are nice but not essential.
>
> SHOWERS! As I get older, this is one thing that really puts the icing
on
> the cake, to make a great ride.
>
> Multiple faucets! Next to corrals or the trailer spots.
>
> Just a few thoughts off the top
>
> Becky H
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 03:45:52 -0700 (PDT)
> From: brentlabs@greenharvest.com
> To: brentlabs@greenharvest.com
> Subject: Hello Fellow Fitness Friend
>
> Dear Fellow Fitness Friend -
>
> I was surfing various health and fitness websites and came across your
email address. Since you are as interested in health and well being as I
am, I would like to invite you to visit our new website at
http://www.greenharvest.com/brentlabs.

> Brent Laboratories, Inc. is the manufacturer of High Quality Nutritional
Supplements. Our Blast Products are specially designed with the help of a
Middle Eastern Doctor, to INCREASE ENERGY, HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT, and
STIMULATE YOUR SEXUAL DESIRE!!

> These products were only sold in stores..... until now! We are proud and
pleased to be able to bring our dynamic products right to your desk top!!
Check out our Grand Opening specials... and with every order, you will
receive a FREE product!!

http://www.greenharvest.com

> [...]
>
> My personal reason for starting to feed at irregular hours were: a) I had
> horses starting to knock, work themselves up or grow impatient when on a
> regular precise time whenever someone was a minute late feeding, b) the
> expected time of day grew on them so that they stood expectantly and
> salivating often already half an hour ahead and c) I hate having horses
stop
> work or concentration on me because "it's dinner time, momma!".
>
> I never ever (!!!) had any problems due those irregular feeding times, in
> fact since I do this I have less colics and much more relaxed horses in
the
> stable when I go there.
>
> Now - I got tackled by a couple of vets on this, conceded no wholescale
horse
> specialists, but I got told to feed my horses at precise times. I told
them
> exactly what I wrote above and got told that those 15 years of good
> experience do not count, that in fact I were extremely lucky. I am right
now
> not exactly convinced that I am doing anything wrong there, 15 years and
> quite a couple of horses on that regime of mine tell me this cannot be as
> wrong as maintained. I'd now really value some professionals opinion,
> especially coming from vets.
>
> Thanks for your input on this, as so many among you appear to either also
be
> pressurized into irregular regimes due to active sport and are discussing
> feeding topics, I hope this is somehow related - anyway, I'd value any
> response on this.
>
> I'd also love to do a survey on who is on this list on a regular and
> irregular time frame. For this please cut out the section below and send
it
> to me personally (not the list please), to <akhalteke2@aol.com>. I'll
report
> results to the list then if you're interested.
>
> AT
> feeding time window (write in either 30, 90 or 180 minutes, whatever is
> closest to your practice):
>
> Grain - times of feeding per day:
>
> Roughage - times of feeding per day:
>
> Grain and Roughage at the same time? (yes or no):
>
> Colics of horses since on this regime:
>
> If any - were these colics related to a particular reason or could they
be
> related to your feed practice (i.e. did the tendency to colic change via
any
> change of schedules?):
>
> Number of horses kept on your schedule:
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:52:38, -0500
> From: XXDU78A@prodigy.com (MS LOUISE D BURTON)
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Muscat
>
> We specialize in Russian horses and they make EXCELLENT endurance horses.
> We campaigned a stallion named SAVOY, who was a *MUSCAT son, out of
Neptun
> daughter (straight Russian). Unfortunately he died last year at age 11
of
> a toxic reaction. We own several Muscat grandget, his straight Russian
> son, and a straight Russian Menes daughter. What sets Russian horses
apart
> is their REAR END. Huge and powerful, and often very powerful hocks (esp
> the *Muscat line). They have incredible drive. Savoy used to really WOW
> everyone at the trot outs! To me, they combine the best of the Crabbet,
> Egyptian, and Polish horses, and they make fantastic outcrosses with
these
> lines. That's why it is so hard to find straight Russian horses anymore!
> The very best crosses I have seen are the Russian/Silver Drift horses.
> What heads! What bodies!
> I've seen a LOT of Russian horses, and it is rare to see one with crooked
> legs. They also tend to be pretty mellow horses (that's why you don't
see
> them in "park" type classes).
> My husband is currently riding a *Mag son out of a *Muscat daughter
(sorry,
> girls, he's a gelding) whom he loves. We have two *Muscat granddaughters
> we would sell, chestnuts, age 2 and 4. I am going to cross a double
*Muscat
> mare with my Babson Egyptian, which should be a knockout!
> Unfortunately a lot of the greats are old now. I had the fortune to see
> *Nariandi this summer in Utah and just last night *Othello in Texas.
Both