ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: tail rubbing

Re: tail rubbing

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:38:08 -0700

Janet Baca wrote:

> Tracy,
> Do you think this would work for manes that are rubbed out? I have 2
> mares in the same pipe corral that have rubbed out the middle of their
> manes right down to the skin and don't know what's causing it. This is

hi Janet,

the first question I have is do you have 3-rail pipe fencing? If you
do, the only way to stop it, is to put wire fencing over the pipe.
Trust me, we have fought this for ages!

They rub out their manes from shoving their heads through the pipe.

If they are just really rubbing, I'd definitely give it a shot, it's
worked great for us.

tracy