ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Helmet replacement

Re: Helmet replacement

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Fri, 01 Aug 1997 21:28:54 -0700

Wendy Milner wrote:

> Due to an unscheduled dismount and rough landing, I need to
> replace my helmet. It is a Lexington LidLocker. My understanding
> is that you just have to send it back and Lexington will
> replace it free of charge. I sent it back, but haven't
> heard from them.

Glad to hear that you're ok! Average replacement time for helmets is
6-10 weeks from Troxel. How long has it been? I suspect that Lexington
would be similar if they choose to replace your helmet.

> 1. Does Lexington have this policy? Or am I mistaken and it is
> another company that does the free replacement?

Troxel is the one that started the Impact Replacement Guarantee. To my
knowlege, Lexington has not had such a standard policy, but would
replace it upon request as an unadvertised customer relations policy.

I haven't tried the lid locker - is it comfortable? I have LOVED the
Troxel EQ, and I'm (unfortunately) on my 3rd free helmet.

> 2. What is Lexington's phone number? So I can call and ask.

Just moved - I can't find their numer. Heck, I can't find most of
anything!

Good luck getting your replacement.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch