ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: horse treats

Re: horse treats

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:46:05 GMT

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:48:43 -0500 (CDT), "Glenda R. Snodgrass"
<grs@consider.theneteffect.com> wrote:

>Okay, Ridcampers, here 'tis, the completely _unofficial_ Ridecamp List of
>Tried & True Potential Horse Treats. Some of these sound a little weird,
>so use your own discretion. One Ridecamper suggested staying away from
>high-acid foods and all cabbage-family plants (gassy, gassy!) as being
>potential colic-inducers. Please pretend there's a long disclaimer at the
>end of this email. <vbg> Anyway, now I know I can raid my cabinets with
>abandon next time I run out of carrots and apples.

>Thanks to all who responded!!

>Coke

A caveat on this and any caffienated beverage -- don't give it shortly
before or during an endurance ride. The caffiene may show up on a
drug test, and is an illegal drug.

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal