ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: eboot saga addendum

Re: eboot saga addendum

DreamWeaver (karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:21:16 -0700

At 07:05 PM 7/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I had the problem with the eboots moving off center during training
>rides too. Karen, as well as Brenda Ruedy, told me to file the eboot
>toes down some. Jakar breaks over slightly to the outside of center on
>the fronts and that was amplified by the eboots' long-toed shape.
>Rasping down the toe also helped with the way Jakar was moving in them
>at a canter. ~Nikki

well, geeez, Nikki...we can't give all the secrets away at once!!!

Actually...I always file down (round out) the toes on the front of my
competition boots. There are a few reasons for doing this. I used to use
a regular old hoof rasp (just be careful...knuckle skin comes off real easy
if you slip!)...until...recently my husband said I could use his grinder.
Yes, a real POWER tool!!!! So there I was, goggles on, red and black bits
of easy boot rubber flying thruout the garage!! It was almost a
letdown...I could do four boots in the time it used to take to do one...and
I had all my knuckle skin still attached to my fingers....hey maybe it
wasn't so bad. ;-0

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville