ridecamp@endurance.net: Tevis Coverage/Tubby Horses and Plungers

Tevis Coverage/Tubby Horses and Plungers

susan flagg (bzdgulch@ecis.com)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:27:55 -0700

Hi All--

Will delurk here for a moment.

Sandy wrote:
>Yes - what is the average height and bone cricumference of the entries AND
>the finishers? :))

This is a mind boggling task!! Since it's said with a smile I have
to assume you're kidding San. Can you imagine trying to measure all those
horses ????? (close to 250 I think!!!) Good luck Lucy <vbg>

Tori will be crewing for Suzie Hayes who I crewed for last year, and
Suzie has recruited me and another friend to crew for Pat Gisvold who I've
never met. She's coming with Suzie from Montana. Should be a fun weekend.
It's fairly cool today, wonder what it will be like on Saturday?

Re the discussion about "tubby" horses. Suzie's horse Kooter is a
Morab, 16.2 hands, and she lists his weight at 1200 pounds. He's huge !!!!
but what a gentleman to work on at the vet checks. It was a pleasure! He
comes into the vet checks and his heart rate drops like a rock! He finished
3rd on the Tevis last year, and I believe Suzie said he's a past winner of
the AERC National Best Condition 100 mile horse award. He's very fit, but I
would call him "tubby" since he's certainly not skinny. You sure couldn't
see his ribs!

Sue in California

P.S. Tori, go for it! Buy that plunger and print out Roger's post to take
along with it. Suzie has a great sense of humor. I think she rode her
first Tevis with Linda Tellington-Jones, so she might tell you to go ahead
and try it on Kooter at the vet checks :-) He'd probably love it. I know
he likes massage!