ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Towing Vehicles.

Re: Towing Vehicles.

ClaireIIme@aol.com
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 23:46:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I personally won't consider towing with anything less than a 3/4 ton.
It's not only the power for towing you need to think about,,,,but don't
forget all those Crazy drivers out there,,,,so THINK about the STOPPING power
and how much weight you'll have pushing you when you try to stop fast. Just
a thought. ClaireIIme

RRReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id LAA26387; Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:10:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Joe Long" <jlong@mti.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: Porno Promos thru e-mail
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 17:06:57 GMT

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 01:27:52 -0700 (PDT), Leonard LIESENS =
<liesele@dg1bis.cec.be>
wrote:

>If any of us decide to send tons of message to the originator of those
>mails and by this way filling up their mail server, it should convince
>them not the use the net for those purposes!
>What do you think?

NONONO! Bad idea!!!!

PLEASE do not do this. "Mailbombing" is considered unethical by most =
Internet
folks. One reason is that you not only hurt the intended victim, you =
overload
the mail servers and end up hurting many innocent users as well. For =
this
reason, most ISP's will terminate the account of anyone found to be =
mailbombing
others.

Besides, most spammers -- and I would guess, especially porn spammers -- =
do not
use legitimate return addresses because they fear just such retaliation. =
They
want you to call their 800 number or go to their website. Some spammers
actually "steal" their e-mail by hacking into innocent mail servers to =
send
their junk.

--=20

Joe Long