ridecamp@endurance.net: (no subject)

(no subject)

Diana L. Benson (PDT)
(no date)

Hi Mike -

There's been other reasons for me to pull my horse at rides besides
lameness, metabolics, or rider. One time there was a problem with my
saddle and I discovered a large area the size of my hand on his back that
was raised. The vet and ride management acted mad because I pulled a
"sound" horse 37 miles out. Another time, I had the breast collar too
tight and it pulled the girth so that it made a large girth sore which we
discovered at the 25 mile vet check. I pulled. Another time, my horse
simply seemed to be feeling "off." Vets said he was fine and should go
on. I pulled. Glad I did, he was sick the next day. I want my horse
around for another day / another ride. What would you put in your survey
in these cases? Not trying to give you a bad time, just pointing out
that by so limiting the choices of reasons, you will get faulty data.

Diana Benson
Joplin MO