ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #400

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #400

Lance Rosedale (rosdahl@sonic.net)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:21:57 -0500

ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net wrote:

> ------------------------------
>

> Hey!
> For those non-Arab owners out there, the catalog "Tack in the Box"
> (1-800-456-8225) and others have been carrying a "Never-Pull Mane
> Master" that is a comb looking device that duplicates the look of a
> professionally pulled mane without one tug. You just back-comb the mane
> and hold it close to the body and squeeze the handle. Presto....the hair
> is cut right at the growth line in a natural pattern. It's also a
> million times faster. Way back when, my Shire crosses couldn't care less
> if I pulled (they would fall asleep on the cross ties), but my arms
> would get so tired. Anyone doing the Western or Hunter show thing will
> love it!
> Becky***

Hi--

I missed the original question about mane-pulling, but as long as people
are discussing this, I have a related question. My arab mare has a
really long tail, so long I find hairs caught in her shoes from stepping
on it. I've never pulled a tail before, or trimmed one. Any
suggestions? Thanks--

Eileen