ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Endurance Dogs

Re: Endurance Dogs

Jacqueline Mansfield (jaxson@leopard.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 11:50:55 -0600

This post brings up a question I wanted to ask... This is probably a very
stupid question but I am going to ask it nonetheless. Do some people bring
their dogs along to run alongside while the horse and rider is running in
the race/ride? I used to know a lady who used a lunge line as a leash for
her dog while she rode, and many horse people let their dogs run alongside
on trail rides, but do people do this at endurance races/rides? I can't
imagine a dog doing well after 50 miles, but perhaps a 15 or 25 LD? The
"Endurance Dogs" subject line just put different image in my head. = )

Just curious,

Jacqueline Mansfield

At 01:35 PM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>For sale: Endurance dogs. Five Jack Russell Terrier puppies. All males.
>$300 each. Call Jan Worthington, 815-845-2494

Author owned by Winza, 14 year old Crabbet Arabian gelding

Carl Zwanzig: "Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark
side, and it holds the universe together...."