ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: trailer tires

Re: trailer tires

Stasia Hurley (shurley@cypressres.com)
Wed, 04 Jun 1997 18:02:15 -0700

Thanks for the input. I called Sears as well as every other tire place in
the phone book(no luck) and was finally able to find a place that could
order 6 ply bias tires in the right size. Maybe it's that my trailer is
very old but no-one had the right kind/size of tire.

Anyway - my understanding is that you are supposed to use bias tires on
horse trailers rather than radials due to the sidewall strength of the bias
tire. As my trailer is very light 1950 lbs and I only trailer one horse I
think that the 6 ply is ok (and much better than the 4 ply currently on
there) 6 ply was the highest I was able to find - most places that had bias
ply tires had 3 ply tires.

New tires on friday for old Inspected and Condemned!

Stasia