ridecamp@endurance.net: Fwd: stock trailer w/rust

Fwd: stock trailer w/rust

ChacoL@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:35:23 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: vans@cyberspy.com (Frank W. Vans Evers)
To: ChacoL@aol.com
Date: 97-06-02 22:24:42 EDT

I also am looking for a used 4 horse trailer. I think the most important
is the structure strong. Any major rust that could compromise the
strength of the frame is a NOGO. You kind of have to look under. Then
the sides and doors, are they rust free, rusty a little or major damage,
major dammage, hings gone, maybe a NOGO. Then you must see the bare
floor, is it solid? All around the edges. If yes and OK on the others
maybe it is worth 1500.00. You really need to compare many to get a feel
for a reasonable price. I have looked at some beautiful trailers that I
could never aford.

Pull it. Can you pull it or is it too heavy. Does the tang lift work,
easy or hard.

Check a few and make a check list, for the not good thing apply a number
of hours to repair to your satisfaction. Make plenty of notes. You need
to get a feel of what it going to take to make the trailer look and
funtion like you want it to.

Good luck, I am in the Tampa Florida area if you get any leads you do
not want. I would like a stck trailer in the goose or bumper
configuration.

/s/ Frank

--
Frank W. Vans Evers