ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Camelback water carriers

Re: Camelback water carriers

J Smith (jansmith@teleplex.net)
Thu, 29 May 1997 22:33:33 -0400

Doris,

On Wed, 21 May 1997 07:17:44 -0500 you wrote:

>I decided to purchase a small camelback water container for long
>distance trail riding to use along with my other water bottles. It
>really makes it easier for me to carry much more water while riding.
>Problem: How do you get rid of the plastic smell/taste? It turns me
>off so much that I can't use it. Any ideas out there.
>
>Doris Kulp

A riding buddy of mine has a camelback which she uses for long
training rides and CTRs in hot weather. She washed it several times with
clear water, lemon juice and water, and clear water, alternately and used it
the first several times for Gatorade, Lemonade, or some such flavored drink.
Another, unexpected benefit from using a camelback - during a
conditioning ride the horses were feeling good and her boy gave a couple of
bucks when we began to canter, she went off , but landing on her well padded
(camel)back she simply rolled over and got back up!

Jan & Ro, who initiated the ruckas (aw, Mom, I was just playing, and you
have no problem with a few flying feet)